Why is it a must to use products containing active ingredients? July 28, 2017 15:10 98 Comments
Why is it a must to use products with active ingredients in them?
Simple put, to increase skin renewal and therefore prevent premature aging .
To understand that, we need to clarify what is skin renewal, how it affects the skin and how the skin age.
The skin (our body's largest organ) has an amazing ability to completely renew itself every 28 days . This process begins when skin cell is produced in the lowest layer of our epidermis and over 28 days makes its way up the layers of the skin to finally be shed.
As we age this cell renewal process slows down . This can be due to metabolic ageing processes or environmental factors as well as lifestyle and diet.
Some of the signs of the slowing down of skin renewal can include:
- A dull, lack lustre appearence.
- Signs of ageing including lines and wrinkles.
- Rough, skin tone.
- Skin discolouration and pigmentation.
- Uneven skin tone.
- Loss of elasticity.
If those signs are obvious to you, it is possible that the skin renewal rate is slower than what it was when you were younger.
Have a look at skin renewal rates in age brackets :
- Babies - Skin renewal turnover appox 14 days.
- Teenagers - Skin renewal rate 21-28 days.
- Middle Age - skin renewal rate 28-42 days.
- 50+ -Skin renewal rate 42-84 days.
There are some simple daily routines to combat slowed skin renewal process.
1.Use a sun protection cream 50+ every day. Uv light damages cells in their germulative state. This slows the rate of cell division and renewal. A good SPF 50+ protects against UVA and UVB, premature ageing and skin damage. UVA and UVB protection is the most important part of any anti-kjageing strategy.
2. Make sure the natural barrier function is protected ie. use a good moisturiser. This will;
- Increases moisture and hydration to improve skin barrier function.
- Strengthens, repairs, soothes and protects.
- Decreases sensitivity and irritation for dry, hyper sensitive skin.
3. Regularly Exfoliate .
Exfolliating assists the removal of dead, shedding skin cells on the surface of your skin . This in turn speeds up the cell renewal process and leaves the surface of the skin smooth and clear .
Having active incredients in your skin care products will help to increase the rate of skin renewal . This will be achieved by assisting the skin cell removal from the surface of the skin while actively stimulating the lower levels of the skin responcible for cell renewal .
- Some suggestions of Skinstitut products containing active ingrediants are :
L-lactic cleanser/ Glycolic Cleanser 12%.The use of Alpha Hydoxy acids in both of these cleansers enhance skin shedding and increases skin renewal turnover.
Skinstituts Retinol SerumContains (SYN®-AKE) and peptides Encapsulated advanced delivery system. Retinol is a form of Vitamin A that promotes cell renewal in the skin by increasing collagen and elastin production. Skin appears smoother with a clearer, lifted and more even skin tone.
Even Blend Serum . With Glycolic acid
- Reduces the appearance of uneven tone caused by sun exposure, skin inflammation or hormone imbalance
- Exfoliates and smooths for a softer & more refined skin textureAddresses age spots, skin discolouration and brightens uneven skin tone resulting in a more luminous and radiant complexion.
Skinstitut Moisture Defence - Ultra Dry June 7, 2016 15:22 27 Comments
Skinstitut Moisture Defence - Ultra Dry
Intense hydration for ultra-dry skin
For dry skin or premature ageing
Skinstitut launches new Moisture Defence Ultra Dry, developed to soothe, hydrate and
replenish the thirstiest of skin. Utilising the latest in anti-ageing technology, Moisture
Defence Ultra Dry acts as a protective salve to fight extreme cold and dry
environmental conditions while turning back the clock on premature signs of
Formulated with the latest in anti-ageing technology, Moisture Defence Ultra Dry is the first step in repairing skin’s barrier function.
This rich daily moisturiser contains NEW Progeline™ a patented peptide that works to
inhibit collagen and elastin breakdown. This powerful ingredient is a biomimetic peptide that decreases the skins production of ageing skin biomarker and toxic protein, progerine, inhibiting collagen and elastin breakdown and thereby improving
the appearance of lines, firmness, density and viscoelasticity in slackened skin.
This new formulation also integrates Green Tea Extract, a powerful antioxidant which assists with the prevention of collagen break down and reduces UV induced skin damage. Olive Fruit Extract provides anti-inflammatory properties to nourish dry skin
and Oat Extract works to calm and soothe dry itchy skin.
For best results, use in conjunction with a complete Skinstitut 5- a-day programme, or as prescribed by your Professional Skinstitut Skin Therapist
• Intense hydration and nourishment with biomimetic peptides
• Jawline lifting appearance
• Improves the appearance of lines and loss of elasticity
• Provides antioxidant protection
• Soothing, anti-inflammatory and healing
• Assists to relieve irritated or itchy skin with conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
• Used daily for extreme protection
• May be used at night for a complete remodelling effect
Progeline™, Olive Fruit Oil, Oat Extract and Green Tea Extract
Directions for use
Can be used morning/evening. Use daily, after cleansing as the last step before sunscreen application and at
night as the final step in your skincare regime. Apply to face, neck and décolletage.
Available from 30th June 2016 at Complete Skincare
RRP: $45.00 AUD
Anti- Ageing . Reclaiming a radiant , more youthful complexion . May 17, 2016 12:25 22 Comments
What is Premature ageing ?
It is only natural to experience changes in the skin as we age, however some of us experience these changes earlier than we would like. This can be due to lifestyle and health factors that accelerate breakdown of healthy tissue.
Signs of premature ageing:
Dry, dull skin Uneven blotchy complexion
Fine lines Wrinkles and 'saggy' Skin
Loss of elasticity in the skin Crows feet, frown lines and deep expression lines
Dark circle under eyes Hyper pigmentation and sun spots .
Consider this great Anti-ageing solution Skinstitut's Retinol.Retinol Reverses ,prevents and repairs the appearence of skin damage due to premature aging .
This nightly serum is fantastic at preventing and repairing the appearance of skin damage by providing intense correction suitable for most skins . it contains active ingredients including:
- SYN-Ake - Helps facials muscles stay relaxed. Excellent for anti wrinkle effect and aids in smoothing expression lines .
- Encapsulated Retinol - Potent form of Vit A that promotes cell renewal in skin by increasing Collagen and Elastin production. Skin appears smoother,clearer, lifted and more even in skin tone
- Hyaluronic Acid - Stimulate hydration by drawing and retaining moisture in the skin
- Vitamin B5 - Anti-inflammatory ingredient which reduces redness and is soothing and healing.
- Edelweiss - Excellent Anti-oxidant and free radical scavenger,provides photo protection and minimizes premature ageing .
- Ceramide Complex - Provides a balanced moisture content and improves skin condition.
Apply one pump every other evening building up to every evening on a clean dry skin . Skinstitut's Vitamin C may be added to increase potency .
Come into Salon and chat more to our wonderful staff or visit on line by
CLICKING ON THIS LINK